Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy New Year!

All right, so it's the midway point of February. Sue me. I've been very busy. OK OK, no I haven't been. I got laid off January 26th, and since then, I haven't been that busy at all, other than Facebook. According to my friends, that doesn't count as a productive use of my (now substantial) free time, but what the hell do they know? They're probably just jealous I don't have to get out of my pyjamas, ever. Although you would think I could have written a post or two.....

Looking for work sucks, although truth be told, it's crazy busy out there with open positions. I seem to get an interview for every job I apply to. Guess I should apply to more, but I think I found my dream job right away, and now I lack motivation while I wait for them to make the right decision and hire me.

I've had three interviews, and need to have a fourth, but it's this fourth one that's been elusive. It's been cancelled two times now, but we're on for tomorrow. Fingers crossed it goes well. Looks like a great job in a new industry (for me) and I'll be working from home. Yahoo!

Still, I'll miss actually being encouraged to blog, and surf the net at work. This last job will stay with me for many, many years.....

No comments:

Post a Comment