Friday, November 26, 2010

Free Booze!

Tonight is our company Christmas party. It's been awhile since I've worked for a company that cared enough about employee morale to throw a party and offer up the opportunity for socializing with that guy you hate in Accounting outside of office hours. Mark me down as officially excited. Except about that Accounting guy, but whatever - perhaps we'll bound over tequila shots.

Which leads me to the age-old advice: don't get drunk at the company Christmas party! I'm sure you've heard it all - it might be career-limiting, you might commit a firing-worthy offence (like this chick - check it out) My response to you? Bring it on!

You see, I'm old. I'm old enough to know better, and I have age and experience on my side. If I got hammered tonight really, what's the worse thing that can happen? I'm old enough to know that no matter how drunk I get, I won't perform a strip tease on the buffet table. It hasn't happened to date, so odds are it won't happen tonight. I won't start a cat fight with the CEO's wife - I don't start fights when I'm drinking. I'm not a puker, so there will be no vomiting in the punch bowl. I have age and experience on my side. And it's an open bar. Game on.....

No comments:

Post a Comment